Sunday 25 March 2012

In My Hometown ... Memories are still fresh ...

Ok ... I'm back ... back from a world once familiar and also painfully strange ... far removed from my misspent youth, yet close enough to remind me how nothing's really changed within myself apart from my age.

I haven't been this clean for a very long time! I was having at least 2 showers a day, sometimes 3 ... but the stench of helplessness is barely kept at bay. I realise that I have wasted too many golden opportunities that others not so fortunate as myself would have used wisely in gratitude.


I walk the oddly familiar streets soundtrakced by the songs of my youth. Every corner a suprise throwing me into a disorienting spin, leaving me with an overwhelming sense of yearning and regret.




I look towards the next generation and marvel at the lack of guile and cynicism ... oh to be a blank slate once again!!



I'm glad I'm home ... and it is home. There's no where else I would rather be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...