Sunday 23 May 2010

Strange Days

Ok ... its been a strange week ... vacillating between sheer mind-numbing, keris-twisting, tarchycardia-inducing  boredom and the heartwarming pleasures of the company of dear old friends:


The original Mimi and Me


It was a short visit and more of that later. I have to catch you up on whats been missed so far. Due to more than agreeable demands on my time, these pages have suffered a bout of chronicler's neglect.

One of the many great things about having visitors from overseas is that it makes you see your own place of residence in an entirely different light ... you can't help but share in the excitement of the new.



So many different angles to this city ... so many wonderful experiences just waiting round the corner ... or crouched in some alleyway ready to pounce like an imaginary tiger ... and not just in the city alone .. but with the right guide, the burbs can yield all manner of delights ready to be explored ...


I guess what I'm trying to say is I love this mofo of a city ... and I love my life here. What better recommendation can I give.


(But ever so often it can make me blush ....)

A world of oppression

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...