Saturday 10 January 2009

What I did on my hols 2

Ok ... normally I have more comments to make about my days away ... but we went to the Weribee Zoo with our friends D & M and their son J ... and I must say the highlight was having Nando's at Werribee Plaza ...

Its not that its a crap zoo ... its just that there's not a lot to see ... and don't get sucked in by having to pau an extra $50 for the whole "safari" experience ... you get a free bus ride with admission ... and really the safari rover doesn't really get that much closer ...

At least there were meerkats ... they always make me smile!


The zoo is laid out in various stages to reflect the plains of Africa ... so you're mainly looking at safari animals .... with a few american cattle thrown in ...


Most of these are perrenial favourites of mine ... but the zoo is geared mainly towards kids ... so when the fauna is all tucked away in shadowy corners away from the hot noon day sun ... then there's really not much else to do ...


(ok ... I don't give a flying F about whether a Zebra is white with black stripes or black with white stripes .. so over this peops ... i'm not auditioning for a spot on sesame street ... so can we put a lid on it ... already!)


(werribee zoo is damous for its white rhino ... the white bit is apparently an aberration on wide ... sorry but I was zoning out on the talk on the ride ... but the tour guide cum bus driver was very good ... tacky jokes aside he was knowledgeable ... had a pleasant voice ... and was very patient with these kids who kept wanting to ask questions ... very brave I thought initially as I would have had a convulsive fit before I ever did something like that when I was their age ... but then it became a little a-NNOOYYY - ing!)


Actually ... one girl in particular kept putting her hand up ... and usually she just crapped on about some shit or other .. without really having a question at the end ... I of course was staring daggers at her parent from behind ... seriously ... control your kid ... and lets get a move on!! But then I felt sorry for her ... because when they got of the bus ... she was kinda trailing behind trying to get in on the action ... so obviously their coping mechanism is to completely ignore her ... which explains a lot!!!

Now i've got the sads!!! Damn it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...