Wednesday 7 May 2008

ipod shuffle and the questions of life

Ok ... I believe this is what they call a tag??
 
Here's a little time waster for you.
 
Please see the set of questions below. Using the shuffle function on your iPod, write the name of the first song that loads as the answer to the first question. Press next for the answer to the second question and so on so forth.
 
This is my result ... with comments of course:
 
1) How would you describe yourself?My Love – Jill Scott
Ooh tad on the self indulgent side … not a great start to this exercise

2) What do you like in a guy/girl?
Side Effects – Mariah Carey

Yes it’s the side effects that count!! After the initial euphoria … ooh this shuffle palaver might actually be fun!!

 
3) What is your motto?I stay in love – Mariah Carey
I do my very best … but somehow cynicism beats me to the punch

4) What do your friends think of you?
Lion Dance – Setsubun Bean Unit
it’s the asian connection!! .. although I have been mistaken for a very bronzed aussie .. or maltese

5) What do you think about often?
Two Steps Twice – Foals
A sun / a sign / a dancestep for two
am I this vacuous? 

6) What do your parents think of you?
That Hump – Erykah Badu
HAHA I bet they do!!!

7) What do you think of your best friend?
Hearts on Fire – Cut Copy
aha … first I have to find one … JOKING!! I have lots of them … and yes they all do set my heart on fire

8) What do you think of the person you like?
Candy Shop – Madonna
sweet and addictive … yummy

9) What do you want to be when you grow up?
Mama Tian Ma – Sa Dingding
Exotic and unfathomable … with a modicum of maternalism thrown in … hhmm … is my ipod alive???

10) What do you think when you see the person you like?
Come See Me – Jill Scott
YES YES YES … friends please take note … I’m always up for a visit unplanned or otherwise!!

11) What song will they play at your wedding?
No Time Soon – Gnarls Barkley
ok the first dud question .. marriage ain’t the trip for me .. but I guess the sentiment applies on such a momentous occasion

12) What will they play at your funeral?
Touch Too Much – Hot Chip
Hhmm I think the iPod is feeling me a little too much ... freaky hey!!!
I am a little on the touchy feely side ... I sometimes have to stop myself from reaching out and touching a client ... not a good look I'm afraid!!

13) What is your hobby/interest?

The Handshake – MGMT
“we’ve got the handshake under our tongue” What does it all mean??

14) What is your biggest fear?
March of the Wolfmasters – Janelle Monae

Well I’ve always been afraid of those demon dogs on Tales of the Unexpected

 
15) What is your biggest secret?Miles Away – Madonna
I would be miles away too with a question like this … similar to “what does my dream mean” or “can you guess what my age is?” or “Do I look like I’ve put on weight?” All questions that deserve the responses they get!!

16) What do you think of your friends?
Nobody Lost, Nobody Found – Cut Copy
I try to hang onto friends that I consider real mates … and I always say “I’m not looking for new friends”

17) What is your theme song?
River – Joni Letters Herbie Hancock
“I wish I had a river that I could skate away on” Oh iPod you know me too well

18) What do you think of your family?
4th Dimensional Transition – MGMT
“you speak the language of the breeze / all your leaves were meant for me / the love that every person wants to be”
shall we break this down … or just let the syntax wash over our emotional response to the word family .. I think there’s something meaningful here

19) What is your best friend's theme song?
Solitide – Joni Letters Herbie Hancock
I’m thinking of a particular someone and its very apt

20) What is your mood right now?
Let it Be – Jill Scott
yes whatever will be will be …* waves fatalistic society membership card*

21) If your heart could talk what would it say?
Red Socks Pugie – Foals
something as inscrutable as this … what the fuck would your heart say … “stop eating all that fatty friend food and take some exercise biatch!! I’m dying over here!!!”

22) What do your co-workers think of you?
Insomnia – Jill Scott
more like narcolepsy!!

23) What does your future look like?
Lettin Go – Janelle Monae
can we get a little serious here … I do need to learn to let go … I’m carrying too much emotional baggage … its impeding my progress
 
I would love to know how you all went with this little exercise.
 
Hours of fun!! Don't cheat and skip songs because you don't like the answer .. I know you peops too well!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...