Friday 13 April 2007

My First Meme

Ok ... OMG its my first Meme. Try it and find out what poetry form you are - I'm an Ottava Rima ... which is a rhyming stanza of roman origin normally used for heroic verse ... for those more literally inclined ... it consists of eight 11-syllable lines, rhyming abababcc. Enjoy!!

Ottava rima? Me? That can't be right!
   Too frivolous? But tut, there's no such thing!
Let others ponder thoughts of wrong and right,
   Or sit and think how much they love the spring;
I'd rather spend my time in gleeful spite,
   Or maybe laugh, or maybe sit and sing.
Besides, it might be fun to be inspiring -
But surely it would get so very tiring.
What Poetry Form Are You?


Go here: http://quiz.ravenblack.net/poeticform.pl
(sorry not savvy enough to hyperlink or whatever the terminology is)


PS ... I think that should read 10 syllables? Or maybe up to 11 syllables? Jeez I'm rusty ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...